Healthy and tasty, "Pasta e Fave" is loved all over the world for its simple and delicate flavours, it is one of those excellent dishes at this time of year when fresh broad beans abound. Quick and simple to prepare, it requires only a few ingredients and won't take more than 20 minutes to prepare.
Some suggestions to get a better result for this recipe.
• Keep a little of the pasta cooking water to keep it more moist and creamy.
• For this dish you can use fresh broad beans but also fresh peas
• To obtain a better dish, peel the broad bean twice, that is, in addition to the external pod, remove the peel of the single bean.
• Any type of pasta can be used, but orecchiette are ideal.
• It is also possible to add other aromatic herbs such as dill, mint and basil.
INGREDIENTS 4 people
50ml extra virgin olive oil
1 small onion, finely chopped
3 cloves of garlic, thinly sliced
1 pack of 500 g of fresh broad beans Sapori del Mio Orto
100 g of fresh peas
1 teaspoon of salt
300 ml of vegetable broth
500g of fresh orecchiette (or 400g dried pasta)
50 g grated Pecorino
1/2 tablespoon of lemon juice
A large handful of parsley, chopped
Freshly ground black pepper
In a large skillet add the EVO oil over medium-high heat, sauté the onion and garlic for a few minutes then add the broad beans and peas and stir, cooking for another minute or two.
Add the broth and bring to a boil over high heat covered for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
In the meantime, cook the pasta in plenty of salted water, then drain it and pour it into the pan with the now ready broad bean and pea sauce, add the parsley and a few drops of lemon juice. Finish the dish with freshly ground black pepper and grated pecorino cheese.