A mushroom farm requires considerable investments: from the substrate, that is the bed where the mushrooms are born, to the insulated cells where favorable conditions of temperature, air, light and humidity are reproduced.
Furthermore, that of mushrooms is a short supply chain: after harvesting they are selected, stalked, possibly cut and washed and then packaged to be shipped to the points of sale, all in 24-48 hours.
We will talk about it live on Saturday 26th at 11 am with many guests: in connection from Turin Massimo Longo – expert mycologist in the Cristiano Riciputi studio; Prof. Andrea Tarozzi professor of the Department of Sciences for the Quality of Life
of the University of Bologna; Giampaolo Ferri – sector expert + contributions from the most innovative mushroom farms.
To find out more, follow us on the social pages Facebook o su 7GOLD.
Here are 10 ideas for using mushrooms in the kitchen
1. WITH GARLIC AND PARSLEY – They are excellent as a side dish with roasts or grilled meats.
2. WITH FISH – Mushrooms are an excellent and tasty accompaniment to fish: try them with salmon, octopus or sea bass.
3. LIGHT SINGLE DISH – They become a quick salad starter with parmesan, rocket and a drizzle of EVO.
4. WITH PASTA – Tagliatelle, Pappardelle, Garganelli but also dry pasta are excellent.
5. GOURMET IDEA-Try them also by tossing them in a pan with a knob of butter, serve them with a few eggs and a generous grating of truffle.
6. WITH OMELETTE – Mushrooms and eggs go very well: add them to the beaten egg mixture, with a little salt and pepper and grated Parmesan.
7. WITH CHEESE – Mushrooms also go well with cheese: sautéed in a pan with butter instead of oil or garnished with grated Parmesan cheese, black pepper and served still hot.
8. ETHNIC TOUCH – Give the mushrooms an ethnic touch by tossing them in a wok with some chicken pieces and soy sauce.
9. QUICHE – Prepare a savory pie with puff pastry and stuffed with sliced mushrooms mixed with an egg, ricotta, grated Parmesan, salt and pepper. Bake in a static oven at 180 until the surface browns (max 20 minutes).
10. RAMEN VEG SPRING A spring soup with mushrooms and seasonal vegetables such as carrots, asparagus, new potatoes cut into small pieces.